ZooKeeper is a centralized service for maintaining configuration information, naming, providing distributed synchronization, and providing group services. All of these kinds of services are used in some form or another by distributed applications.
Zookeeper allows distributed processes to coordinate with each other through a shared hierarchical namespace of data registers. Apache Zookeeper is an open source, high performance coordination service for distributed applications.
- Open the terminal and run the command
- Extract the folder of zookeeper-3.4.6 by this command
- After extracting it, keep it in the directory /home/user.
- Change the name of the extracted folder to zookeeper for the ease. Create a new folder naming ‘data’ in the extracted folder where data is being stored in the extracted folder of zookeeper and then copy the file zoo_sample.cfg and rename this as zoo.cfg and make some changes in that file i.e set the path
- Go in the zookeeper directory by
- Give the permissions in the above specified directory by writing this command
sudo chown -R user zookeeper
- Start the zookeeper by bin/zkserver.sh start.