Xamarin apps look and feel native because they are. The key features of xamarin includes
- Native User Interfaces
- Native API Access
- Native Performance
The following are required for installing Xamarin.Android on Windows:
- Windows 7 or higher.
- Visual Studio 2015 or 2017 (Community, Professional, or Enterprise) or a non-Express edition of Visual Studio 2013 Update 2.
- Xamarin for Visual Studio.
- Download Visual Studio Community, Visual Studio Professional, or Visual Studio Enterprise from the Visual Studio page (download links are provided at the bottom).
- Double click the downloaded exe file and it will take few minutes to download all the dependencies.
- Select the Mobile development with .NET workload from the installation screen.Look at the panel on right side,by default all items are selected.You can deselect on the basis of your choice.
- After that,click on Install button,this ill take lots of time while installation.
For the successful installation of xamarin,you can open visual studio,go to Help.If xamarain has installed properly,the name xamarin will be listed down in the drop menu.